In 1940s, Hemmat School was located at the Medical School building on Daneshgah Avenue later becoming the Institute of Higher Health. It was officially changed to Mashhad Medical School in 1949.
After the glorious Islamic Revolution, the first group of 1983 students were admitted in integrated regional research and education organization of Mashhad. In 1985, two groups of Associate degree in public health family (females) and fight against diseases (males) were admitted.
It was named, School of Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Sciences, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences In 1986. In 1991, the institute was separated into two independent schools of Nursing and Midwifery, and the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. The location of the faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences was first in Qaem Hospital, and then it moved to the Palestine Boulevard in February 2001.
The most important changes in health-related disciplines in the School are as follows:
School heads ever since its establishment:
Dr. Reza Khani Jazany Ph.D. in occupational health from August 2009 to September 2010;
Dr. Ali Taghipour, Ph.D. in epidemiology from August 2010 till now;